Updated: Sep 4
Updated: September 4, 2020
The current ROV Texas Campaign is vitally important for TX state and national strategic reasons (https://sisterdistrict.com/texas/) and also awesome because it encourages people to locate and go to their early voting locations. This campaign dovetails nicely with many of the concerns folks in our group have expressed about possible mail slow downs and is an excellent example of how ROV has anticipated and already created solutions for issues with voting by mail this November. All ROV campaigns are Non-Partisan and designed to help re-enfranchise people of color who are being affected by voter suppression tactics. More info here http://centerforcommonground.org/main/index.php/campaigns/reclaim-our-vote
Lisa Della Valle will be placing the LAST POSTCARD ORDER for this VITALLY IMPORTANT
election on by MONDAY, September 7.
Postcards will be ready for pickup on Tuesday, September 8.
Please let her know if you’d like a packet or two or three!! $10.00/packet of 20 cards.
The TEXAS ROV/Sister District postcards should be sent September 15 - 20.
Why Phone Banking is Important and Vital to Reclaim the Vote:
Personal contact is the best way to get voters engaged and to the polls. We no longer have the benefit of canvassing door-to-door. Making phone calls is the new virtual canvassing. Phone calls from real people can increase voter turnout 2-3%.
ROV phone calls are effective! 83% of the people we called in the Georgia primary voted.
This is not your traditional phone bank. We are calling voters of color that most parties and candidates ignore. We don’t ask them for anything—we give them reliable information to help them vote. We usually have voter contact in 30% of the calls we make—personal conversations and voice mail messages.
1. Here is the ROV phone bank home page. Check it out for the training video and
guidelines. It's a one-stop shop for phone banking.
2. If you are new to phone banking, sign up for the Monday afternoon training
3. There is a virtual ROV group phone bank session every Tuesday at 2:00 PM PDT and every Friday at 1:00 PM PDT
4. Once you are familiar with the training and the guidelines, you can phone bank from home using the Center for Common Ground website at times that are convenient for you. Phone banks are open every day 9:00 AM-9:00 PM in the state you are calling.
5. If you would like to phone bank with folks closer to home:
- Indivisible West Marin hosts a Zoom ROV phone bank every Monday, 2:30 - 4:00 PM PDT. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Training is provided.
- Democracy Action hosts a Zoom phone bank on Saturdays 3:00 - 5:00 PM PDT.
RSVP to email@example.com Training is provided.
- Standing Up For Racial Justice Marin hosts a virtual phone bank the second and
fourth Sundays 12:00-2:00. Register here.
All of your work is truly making a difference. Thank you.
Lisa Della Valle
415 272 2887
Cover Photo on UnSplash by:Tiffany Tertipes